How we select the hair restoration physicians recommended on this site.
It's tough deciding which hair restoration physician to choose to restore your hair. They all claim to provide natural and safe results. But in reality the skill, talent, and experience of hair restoration transplant physicians vary widely, as do the end results.
This online community was begun by a hair transplant patient (view Patâ€™s hair restoration story) to help other hair loss sufferers share information and find physicians who provide safe and natural hair transplant results. Hundreds of other hair restoration patients have contributed their experiences and advice over the past several years to determine which hair transplant physicians are recommended on this site.
In addition, Pat the publisher of this community, regularly visits leading Hair Transplant Clinics around the world to observe the quality of their surgical hair restoration and meeting with their hair transplant patients. You can view highlights from many of these visits on our discussion forum at Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics.
Each hair transplant physician recommended on this site has been carefully reviewed based on the following criteria:
- A demonstrated proficiency and commitment to performing high quality follicular unit hair transplantation via strip excision or follicular unit extraction
- Follicular units via strip excision are microscopically prepared.
- Minimizing the appearance of donor scarring using cutting edge techniques via strip excision or follicular unit extraction (FUE).
- Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts to achieve a completely natural appearance.
- Dedication to doing follicular unit hair transplantation exclusively or at least as the main specialty of the clinic.
- Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry and naturalness throughout, as well as excellent growth rates.
- A reputation for high ethics and quality amongst colleagues and former patients.
- Extensive experience performing hair transplantation.
- Medical training, depth of background, board certifications, honors and credentials are also considered.
- Excellent value - as determined by quality and pricing taken together.
Members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physician are required to meet the following additional criteria:
- A demonstrated capability to successfully perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting via strip excision or FUE hair transplant surgery using tiny incisions and grafts.
- The ability to dense pack tiny follicular unit grafts in a given area when appropriate.
Important Note - The hair restoration physicians recommended on this site are not a definitive list of all excellent hair transplant doctors. Nor do we warranty or guaranty the results of any of the physicians presented on this site. As always, we encourage you to do your due diligence in evaluating these and all hair loss physicians.
View our full list of hair transplant doctors.
View tips on finding and evaluating hair transplant physicians.
Find a quality hair transplant doctor in your area.
How this online community is funded.
Those surgeons who are carefully reviewed and chosen for recommendation on this site contribute a monthly fee to co-sponsor this online community and display their before and after photos, videos and contact information.