Dr. Soni has been performing hair transplant surgery for over 7 years as the primary part of his practice at his clinic in New Delhi, India. He performs both FUT / Strip and FUE hair transplant surgery and has the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. His strip procedures are typically larger than his FUE sessions due to the tedious and time consuming nature of follicular unit extraction.
Dr. Soni specializes in FUT / Strip, FUE, BHT (body hair transplantation), eyebrow transplantation, scar revisions and repair surgery. He also offers prescriptions for Propecia and performs all of the consultations himself. Online consultations are free. Dr. Suneet Soni operates on only 1 or 2 patients per day in order to maximize the attention he provides each patient.
Dr. Suneet Soni believes that FUE is best suited for patients with lesser degrees of baldness and for those who wish to keep their hair cropped on the sides and back of their head. Dr. Soni feels that a combination of both FUT / strip and FUE provides patients with the ability to restore a larger quantity of hair than one procedure alone can.
Dr. Soni uses the Powered SAFE Scribe designed by Dr. James Harris and uses a blunt punch as small as .8mm to minimize trauma to the scalp. He feels that growth yield via the FUE method in his hands is as high as 90%.
Dr. Suneet Soni uses all the advanced methods including microscopic dissection, the trichophytic closure, .minimally invasive tools as small as 0.8mm to extract follicular units and make recipient incisions, etc. Dr. Soni has the ability to dense pack up to 75 FU/cm2 (follicular units per square centimeter) when appropriate for the patient and uses only single haired grafts in the crucial hairline area to mimic nature.
Dr. Soni has a large team of 16 assistants averaging 5 to 7 years of experience, 12 of which are cutters and 4 are planters for strip surgery. Because making the recipient incisions is the most artistic part of the hair transplant procedure ensuring naturalness and direction of hair growth, Dr. Suneet Soni makes all the recipient incisions himself. He also harvests the donor strip for strip procedures using a single scalpel to minimize transection and damage to the follicles and uses the double layer closure technique to aid healing and minimize the appearance of scarring. His technicians carefully place follicular units into tiny recipient sites in both FUT / strip and FUE procedures.
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
- Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons of India (AHRS)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IAAPS)
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
- Indian Medical Association
- Visiting scholar plastic microvascular reconstructive surgery at Chang Gung at Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
- Fellowship in Aesthetic and Laser surgery from Vasudhan Arjin Aesthetic and Laser Surgery Center Mumbai
- Observership at Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong
- Observership at Plastic Microvascular Surgery Department, Tata Cancer Hospital, Mumbai
- Observership at Plastic Microvascular Surgery Department, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
- Thesis in general surgery: study of correlation between Glasgow coma scale and C T Scan findings in head injury patients
- Thesis in plastic surgery: study of surgical management of exposed tibial defect lower one third
- Experience of performing more than 1500 hair transplants by strip and FUE method
- Well experienced in handling all type of trauma specially maxillofacial, hand and lower limb.
- Experienced in independently performing routine plastic surgical work like facial clefts, burn contractures, skin & muscle flaps for various defects.
- Well experienced in counseling, assessing, planning, operating and managing aesthetic surgery patients like Hair transplant, Liposuction, Abdominoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Face lift.
- Well experienced in operating various types of Lasers like IPL, Diode, Nd:YAG, Q-Switch, Pulse Dye.
- Well experienced in independently assessing, planning, operating and managing microvascular reimplantations, free flaps for trauma & cancer reconstructions.
Dr. Soni, his hair transplant technique, and patient results were carefully reviewed by our patient based online hair loss community. To view the highlights of this review, click here
To learn more about Dr. Suneet Soni, visit their hair transplant website at www.medispaindia.in.