How to Pick a Hair Restoration Physician.
As patients we know that the most important decision in restoring your hair is the physician you choose. The skill, experience, and talent of hair restoration physicians vary widely, as do the end results.
It is important that you research and choose your physician wisely. After all, who you choose will determine how natural and full your new hair will be for the rest of your life.
We offer the following suggestions for selecting a hair restoration physician:
- Does the physician take a holistic approach to hair restoration? Your physician should help you evaluate all your options, surgical and non surgical.
- Have they made the investment in time and resources to do large sessions of micro follicular unit hair transplantation? Doing outstanding work requires a staff dedicated and trained to use high-powered magnification with the capability of producing more than 2,000 carefully trimmed grafts per surgical session.
- Choose a hair restoration clinic that is patient focused rather than commercially focused. Some clinics emphasize revenue, speed and volume rather than dedicating the time and individual care needed to produce optimal results. These commercial operations typically rely on heavy advertising rather than satisfied patient or doctor referrals.
- Is hair restoration the primary focus of their practice? Outstanding results require a physician and a full staff who perform hair restoration surgery on a regular basis. Doing hair restoration as a sideline, along with other cosmetic procedures, may hinder their ability to do large sessions of highly refined follicular unit transplantation.
- How many patients has this physician produced excellent results for? Like any skill, experience over time is critical to acquiring the skill and judgment required to produce excellent results.
- Can the physician provide at least a dozen sets of detailed patient before and after photographs? Do they also have patients who are willing to speak with you and meet with you in person?
- What is the physician’s reputation on hair loss related discussion forums? Many patients participate in our popular discussion forum and post their experiences and photos.
What do their hair transplant patients think?
Ultimately, the most important measure of a hair transplant surgeon’s work is their patient’s level of satisfaction. Find out what patient’s think of their physician’s work by visiting our†discussion forum†or by viewing†hair loss blogs†created by patients. View our†standards for recommending hair transplant surgeons.
Find an excellent†hair restoration physician†in your area.
Send a Virtual Consult.
This online feature enables you to fill out a hair loss questionnaire and email it to any of the quality hair loss doctors recommended on this site. You can even attach your photos. They will then respond to your questions and concerns.
Click here, to send a Virtual Consult.
Suggest a physician for recommendation on this site.
We are always interested in learning about outstanding hair restoration physicians. Click below to suggest an outstanding physician for recommendation on this site.
Click here if you are with a hair restoration clinic.
Click here if you are a hair transplant patient.