Alex's - Profile page | Comments

8 Months

Alex,

You definitely have a lot more hair than when you started.  And you're right, based on the amount of bald area to cover and the number of grafts, you weren't going to get significant density from a single procedure.  But you have some great coverage.  With one more procedure, you could probably obtain a good bit more density, if you wished.

You will still probably have some thickening up to do over the next few months only 8 monhts out.

Keep us pos

2/15/2009 12:25:44 PM

Looking good!

Alex,

Unfortunately, the pictures you posted are pretty low quality so it's difficult to really appreciate the fullness of the result to date.  However, it's still obvious that you've come a long way and I expect you to continue to improve over the next several months.

If you can, try to use a better camera when taking photos :)

Keep us posted.

12/7/2008 1:03:56 PM

looks great!!!

Hi Alex, your 6 month shots look really good and  I'm sure there is a lot more to come.   I will be posting my 8 month pics tomorrow.  I also am very happy with the work of Dr. Dorin.  Keep us posted on your future progress.

by Carguy
12/3/2008 10:37:42 PM

Hang in there - 5 Months is Only the Beginning

Alex,

Try to hang in there.  5 months is only the tip of the iceburg.  It takes a full year for a hair transplant to mature.  In fact, most patients only start to see new growth between 3-5 months, and even then, many of the hairs are thin and colorless, practically invisible to the naked eye.  It takes time for the hair to "pop" through the scalp, thicken, darken, and mature.

Also know that 3000 grafts, while a large session, when spread out over a large b

11/23/2008 1:37:31 AM

looking good alex

you went with a great doc just got 1802 grafts with doc dorin nov
10 2008,this is my second one with him I had one lst year about 2308 grafts.I to had a hair piece for years.had to get rid of it.
The best is yet to come you will see.
got luck dom

by Domenic
11/18/2008 7:03:01 PM

Looks good!

Your hair growth looks pretty fine to me.
I have a similar pattern (despite being around 25 years younger to you :-) ) You have similar hair growth like mine.
According to my doctor, growth continues till almost a year. so you have a long time to go before you would see the growth slowing down.
Thanks,
byebaldness

by byebaldness
11/17/2008 4:27:33 PM

4 Months

Alex

It looks like hair growth is starting which is typical around this time.  I expect the next few months will be very exciting for you.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Best wishes

by Alex
10/19/2008 4:29:46 PM

4 months

Hi Alex

I see quite a difference from your 3 month shots.  I am sure the next few months will be exciting as the new hairs continue to come in.  Keep us posted.

by Car Guy
10/17/2008 10:17:32 AM

Hang in there

Hey Alex,

I think your transplant looks pretty much like it should at 3 months.  I know the frustration of looking each day and waiting for some growth.  I am 2 months ahead of you and only now  am I finally feeling like I'm making progress.  I am sure that over the next few months you will start see the results. Hang in there! I'll be posting my 6 month pics next week.

Take care

by CarGuy
9/30/2008 10:05:22 AM

Progress

Alex,

Now that you've healed very nicely, hair growth should start in the next couple weeks to couple months.  It's quite possible that some growth has started, but growth is a gradual process and takes time to show.

Keep taking pictures and posting them.  In the next few months, you should see some big changes.

9/28/2008 10:08:01 PM

I'll keep you posted

Hi Alex,

Good luck with your transplant.  As you stated in your post on my blog we both used Dr. Dorin and our hair loss as well as the procedures performed on us were very similar.  I will update my blog each month.  Since I'm two months ahead of you it may help you (hopefully) to follow my progress.

Take care.

Car Guy

by Car Guy
7/23/2008 9:37:47 PM

Alex,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Dorin and thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.  Sleeping was difficult for me too the first week or so, but getting the sutures/staples out was a Godsend.

Heal and grow well, and keep us posted on your progress.

7/6/2008 10:54:21 PM

you will get a coverage

Alex, your now starting the hard part! the waiting mate , l was a 5a take a look at my results ,l did have asecond session ,the first was good though so l think you will be happy at the end of your road ,best of luck Gra

by best uk hairtransplant
7/6/2008 6:16:55 PM

Thanks for sharing

Alex, thanks for writing about your experience. Everything you said pretty much matches what I went through. Though you are a couple weeks ahead of me.

Your 3 week update looks good and you are healing well. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and wish you luck.

by Monza