Car-Guy's - Profile page | Comments

Looks Great!

CarGuy,

Thanks for updating your website with current photos.  Your results look great and are very age appropriate.  Dr. Dorin did a terrific job on you.

You should experience a bit more growth and thickening in the coming months.

All the Best,

12/14/2009 2:45:19 PM

2nd Hair Transplant

Car Guy,

Thanks for going the distance and blogging your entire first hair transplant experience and photos.  I hope you'll do the same thing with your second one so we can all offer you the support and encouragement you deserve for this round.  You've selected a terrific surgeon and I trust you'll have another nice result.

Keep us posted.

3/22/2009 6:13:15 PM

Very good

It really makes a big difference in your appearance.  I'm happy for you!

by Parkview
12/31/2008 9:55:24 AM

8 Months

Car Guy,

You've certainly had a tremendous improvement and your new head of hair may be a little thin, but very natural looking and much thicker than it was before.

You should still have more thickening to come during the next several months.

Keep us posted :)

12/7/2008 12:58:51 PM

Looks Good

Car guy,

This is a huge improvement from your pre-op photos.  Congratulations on your hair growth so far.  I look forward to seeing more to come.

11/8/2008 10:23:58 PM

Awesome

Looks good at 7 months.  Mine has continure to improve after the 11 month, I didn't notice until I saw the picture.

by Pete
11/7/2008 5:37:47 PM

5 months

Carguy,

At 5 months, you are very early in the game, so you can definitely expect more growth and thickening for the next 7-8 months.

Keep in mind though that 2500 grafts spread over a larger area will give you great coverage but density will be minimal.  But you can always go back for another hair transplant if you desire more density.

I look forward to seeing your upcoming growth in the months to come.

Associ

9/14/2008 4:25:42 PM

Very interested..

Hi:  I'm very interested in following your progression.  Same doctor (Robert Dorin), same level of hair loss (5-5a), and both had our transplants done at within a month or so of one another (mine June 10, 08).  We also had about the same number of grafts.  (I had 2,700 grafts/4400 hairs).

The next few months should be interesting for both of us. Keep those pictures coming!

Best regards,
Alex

by Alex
7/23/2008 9:40:35 AM

3 Months

Car Guy,

You've finally made it to the 3 month point, which is only the beginning of the beginning.  New growth could start any day now or be delayed another month or two.  But keep the faith, the results will come gradually.

I look forward to seeing your new head of hair in a few short months.

Keep us posted.

7/6/2008 11:01:47 PM

2 Months

Car Guy,

You are healing nicely.  At only 2 months, it is normal that no new growth has started.  The wait is hard, but keep the faith, you are in for a lovely ride.

Keep us posted.

6/8/2008 11:31:16 PM

Healing

Car Guy,

It looks like you are healing very nicely.  Now the wait is on now that the majority of the grafts have seemed to shed.  These next several months in my opinion, are the hardest because we just have to wait for growth to start.  But rest assured, things will start to blossom most likely between month 3 and 5 and will be cosmetically noticeable most likely between months 6-9.  Wait a full 12 months before seeing the full cosmetic effect.

Keep us pos

5/5/2008 10:47:53 AM

Hey Dewayne

Hey Dewayne,

I wish it was three months instead of three weeks!  Good luck with your transplant as well, and thanks for your comments. Dr Dorin told me that he concentrated mostly on the hairline back to before the crown and only added a small amount to the crown.  Pre op he told me that he probably wasn't going to do much in the crown in order to have good coverage up front.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Take care

by Car Guy
4/29/2008 5:52:32 PM

2506??

I swear when I first looked you had at least 4,000 grafts.  I can't believe that's just 2500.  Looks like they are densely packed as well.  I'm about two weeks ahead of you.  I'm surprised but five weeks feels much better than three weeks, so that's something to look forward to.

Happy growing.  Looks great to me.

by Dewayne
4/29/2008 5:03:13 PM

I'll see

Hey Billeros,

I will post new pics each month.  As for my plan, I guess I'll wait and see how it develops.  I hope to have decent coverage but will go for a second procedure if necessary.

by Car Guy
4/28/2008 1:26:24 AM

Car Guy,

It's nice to see a Dr. Dorin patient posting here since I haven't seen one for awhile.  Congratulations!.  2500 grafts spread out over a larger area will certainly give you some nice coverage, but will make for an overall thinner appearance.  What are your long term hair restoration goals?

I hope you will keep us posted with monthly progress pictures.

4/28/2008 1:18:27 AM