OrioleFan's - Profile page | Comments

First session not good

For $16,000+ I would be disappointed in the outcome. You spent a lot of money and went through a year of wondering. I think the problem was just not enough grafts over too large of an area. For the money paid you could have had a nice vacation in Ottawa with Dr. Rahal and most likely a much better result. I would be scared to go back to your original doc and waste more grafts.

by HoldingOn
11/1/2012 1:39:11 PM

Shock Loss assessment

Hi OrioleFan - How do you assess the shock loss of native hair in both the recipient and donor area?  Did you recover from all of the shock loss in the donor area?  In the recipient?  In particular, did you have shock loss where hair was not transplanted (crown)?  Do you think any of this shock loss is permanent?  The reason I ask is because I think that I have some permanent native shock loss anterior to the hair line.

by N2L
3/11/2012 2:13:30 PM

One Year Results

OrioleFan,
I'm sorry to see that your one year results have not met expectations. I see that you are maintaining communication with Dr. Bernstein and he is aware on your concerns and has recommended reserving judgement for six more months.
Please keep us updated on your progress and continue to communicate with Dr. Bernstein. He has a long history of producing excellent results and delivering world-class patient care. If your results are truly subpar I know he will stand behind his work and do everything in his power to ensure your happiness.
Best of luck!
David

1/16/2012 11:12:13 PM

Still Some Growth to Come...

I'm sure you'll continue to see some improvement but you will probably find that you'll need a second pass to achieve a fuller look. My second hair transplant made a big difference. My doctor suggested that I wait 14 months and I think that was a good idea as I did continue to see improvement up to and even beyond that point.

9/26/2011 3:45:10 AM

Be patient, and best of luck!

Thank you for posting such detailed pictures and information.
I had a HT 2 weeks ago (9/9/11) with almost the same number of grafts as you had (2,607), and just got my stitches out yesterday.  It feels SO much better.
I started a blog, too.  Feel free to take a look.
My comment about being patient is based on the nurse who took out my staples' comment that full growth usually occurs between 8 months and a year, so you may have additional, significant growth yet.
Best of luck!
John

by JohnP
9/24/2011 5:44:05 PM

UPDATE PHOTO

Hi the results are looking good. Can you display your recent photo? Ive had a hard time as well before my 2 hair transplants - check out my profile in the Dr humayun patient website!

by IRFAN
8/23/2011 12:35:30 PM

Thanks for the Update!

Still looking rough but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. The next couple of months should bring big change. Best of luck!

4/9/2011 5:26:31 AM

Updates?

How are things progressing for you?

by Guest
4/8/2011 12:10:44 AM

Sorry to Hear about the Infection

Wow, you are having a tough time of it. I'm sorry to hear about it. I hope your medications will overcome these problems. Best of luck!

2/28/2011 2:17:18 AM

Hang in there.

Sorry to here about the infection. Hang in there!!

by hair we go again
2/26/2011 1:44:24 PM

Great Update!

Thanks for the very detailed update. I've never had staples but imagine my reaction would be along the lines of  yours. Best of luck in the coming months.

1/17/2011 2:54:19 AM

Congratulations!

After starting to lose your hair at such a young age, you are sure to be thrilled with the transformation in store for you. Please keep us updated on your progress. Happy Growing!

1/10/2011 11:26:49 PM

Congrats on your new HT

That scar looks good for this stage and very well hidden.  Happy growing!

by Levrais