Steven's - Profile page | Comments

Looking Good!

Glad to hear you are pleased and I can certainly see hwy. Your hair is looking very good at this stage. Congrats!

7/7/2012 8:33:14 PM

Congratulations!

Looks like you're making excellent progress. I'm happy to hear you are satisfied at this point and there's plenty more to come. Dr. Arocha does stellar work!

4/4/2012 11:44:20 PM

Thanks Levrais

Thank you for the encouragement. If this is only half-way, then the remainder of this experience is going to be awesome!
Thanks again.
Steven

by Steven
1/30/2012 8:33:48 AM

Looking good

That's a great description of how the ht helped change your life (in your reply to David).  And to think you are probably only at the half way point.  Happy growing!

by Levrais
1/29/2012 10:41:53 PM

Response to David on 01/29/12

Hi David,
In response to your question, my choice to proceed with the surgery was one of the best decisions I could have made.
When I first went to Dr. Arocha I weighed over 200 pounds, and I am only 5'10". I didn't feel very well, I had borderline high blood pressure, and I had recently started law school.
Today, at almost 50 years of age, I now weigh 157 pounds, I am in great shape, and I have not felt this good since I was in my 20s. And, I completed Law School in the top of my class. I have had several professors tell me that they have never seen a law school student look better at the end of law school compared to the beginning. The transformation has been remarkable!
Obviously, the surgery didn't directly cause all of those results. What it did do is completely change my attitude about my appearance, about aging, staying in shape, and looking my best. For me, having the right attitude was equivalent to winning half the battle.
Of course, with the weight loss, muscle toning, and hair growth, all of my family and friends just can't believe the difference in my appearance. However, no one has determined that I had HTS. They simply contribute it all to diet and exercise.
I went to see Dr. Arocha yesterday for a five month checkup, and he showed me pictures of myself when I first visited him in the summer of 2010. He told me that I easily look 15 years younger today. And, when I arrived yesterday, his head medical assistant, Craig, told me that he didn't even recognize me when I arrived. Of course, he probably remembered me when I could barely fit into pants with a 38" stretch waist, and today my 32" jeans have room to spare.
In conclusion, it is difficult to articulate how it feels to have taken off 10-15 years from my appearance, but more importantly is that I haven't been healthier or felt better in 20+ years. The HTS changed my attitude about what was possible, and it makes all the difference to have a talented, artistic, and caring physician-thanks Dr. Arocha for being the man you are.
Respectfully,
Steven

by Steven
1/29/2012 7:30:06 AM

Seems to Be Progressing on Schedule

Steven,
What are your thoughts thus far? Things seem to be on schedule.

1/29/2012 3:51:24 AM

You've Healed Nicely!

Everything seem to be looking good at this point. Congrats on reaching the three month mark Now the fun begins! As always, Happy Growing!

12/4/2011 11:57:32 PM

Response to Nothing2Lose

To answer your question, all of the pictures of the scar were taken in my apartment by my wife.  I thought that I healed quickly too. I put Neosporin on the scar at night, and kept it clean during the day. I don't really know if that made it heal any faster, but I am pleased with my progress.
Take care

by Steve
10/6/2011 2:20:41 PM

Scar looks great

Steven - did you take the picture of your scar or was that done at the doctor's office?  It looks great and like it healed very fast.

by Nothing2Lose
10/6/2011 1:03:52 PM

Nice Work!

Dr. Arocha's work looks very refined as expected. Looks like you've healed well also. Hope you'll continue to update us on your progress. Happy Growing!

9/26/2011 3:33:29 AM