chillboy's - Profile page | Comments

Keep it up

Don't lose hope bro, it's starting to grow in, keep us posted on how it turns out!

KO

by KO
4/7/2013 11:13:17 PM

Good results...

Thanks for updating your results. You seem to be having a very good growth. Congratulations on that. You might want to consider using Toppik hair fibers. I think your hair would look much better with them.

by RK
3/2/2013 3:15:34 AM

Your progress

HI...
It would be great if you could update your results. Thanks.

by RK
2/17/2013 11:30:42 AM

Good Luck!

Keep us posted on your progress. I hope you get the results you want and deserve this time around.

8/12/2012 10:32:43 PM

Congratulations!

Glad to hear you got a second procedure with Dr. Path. I hope this one delivers the results you are hoping for. Please keep us posted.

7/17/2012 3:15:05 AM

Your 9 Month Results

Chillboy, I know firsthand the stress that comes from a hair transplant not meeting your expectations. However, in this case, I do believe that your expectations may have been unreasonable given your advanced degree of hair loss and the very small procedure you had. Why did you choose to have only 2005 grafts?
Also, with strip surgery, shaving the head is never an option if you wish to keep the scar hidden. Some guys can buzz to a three while some can only buzz to a four or five. It depends on your healing characteristics. It does appear that you may have some issues with the donor area but, looking at the photos of your recipient area at 7.5 months I would say you look exactly as expected for that time.
Your results have not yet fully matured and you will continue to see more filling in. However, you will need at least one more large session to see acceptable results.
The comment I'm most concerned about is, "The funny part is why would they say the doctor is Pathuri Madhu if he
won't even touch you during the surgery. Everything is done by his
assistants from the cut to making holes and transplanting."
I have contacted Dr. Madhu and asked him about this statement and also to you both publicly and privately to discuss your concerns.
Ultimately, I wish you luck and I hope that you eventually get the head of hair you deserve.
David

6/20/2012 4:49:38 AM

To Clarify...

chillboy,
In my first comment I mentioned that I had received more grafts over a much smaller area. In fact, just over 2000 grafts over the large area that you covered are probably not enough to meet your restoration goals. I know you did not touch the crown but you still covered a lot of real estate.
What was the reason fur such a small procedure? Did you explain your goals to Dr. Madhu and what was the long-term plan that you and he devised?
 I've taken the liberty of notifying Dr. Madhu of your concerns and urged him to contact you. However, I still suggest that you also take the steps to reach out.
Best of luck!
David

5/5/2012 1:44:00 AM

Dont' Give Up - You May See More Growth

chillboy,
I am speaking from experience when I say that you still have time to see significant improvement. Take a look at my hair restoration website (TakingThePlunge). At 32 weeks, my hair does not look much better than yours and I had 2500 grafts packed into a smaller area.
While I admit that the results from my first HT did not meet my expectations either, you will see that my one year results look significantly improved.
I know it's tempting to throw in the towel but hang on and try not to assess your final result until at least one full year has passed.
Have you been in contact with Dr. Madhu regarding your concerns? If not, I highly recommend doing so. He is a very caring and attentive physician and I'm sure he will advise you of what your options are int event that your results are truly subpar.  jj
David

5/4/2012 3:16:16 AM

same problem

i have faced the same problem.

rip off of precious grafts. lucky you just had 2000 grafys
check my web log

by Mr_waiting
5/1/2012 11:19:08 AM

Looks Right on Track

I think your hair is looking exactly as it should at 5 months. You're not even halfway through the process yet. Try to be patient. You need to wait a full 12 months before assessing your results. Keep us posted.

3/3/2012 11:00:07 PM

Are you going to post soon?

Chillboy - are you going to post some more pictures soon?  I'd like to see how your donor area is recovering and if you've made any progress in the recipient.  Thanks.

by N2L
1/25/2012 12:19:32 PM

Shock loss

Chillboy - I had some shock loss as well only not as extensive as you.  From what I understand it is part of the process and is individualized.  It should grow back but it will be slow.  I still have some shock loss in donor area that I have yet recovered and I'm 4months post op.  Also, I have shock loss in the recipeint area that has not recovered.  Just give it a year before you get discouraged - I know that is hard.

by Nothing2Lose
10/6/2011 4:40:18 PM

Looking Good!

Happy to see that you have reached a milestone! Have your stitches out is a great feeling. The work looks great and I'm sure you'll be quite happy in a few short months when your new hair begins to sprout. Best of luck!

9/26/2011 3:59:05 AM

best of luck

Congrats........
I think area covered is ok considering 2000 grafts...for large areas u need around  5000 grfs i guess...(seeing other ht cases)

by dip
9/13/2011 12:42:19 AM

Thanks

Thanks for journaling your experience. I am anxious to see how your procedure progresses.

by Guest
9/12/2011 6:36:20 PM

A suggestion

I would advice you to get it done in first attempt.I mean go for as large session as possible,your skin is virgin,no HT operation so at first attempt it it support your transplanted hair at maximum extent and results would be better and faster,
 When you go for second surgey(due to scarring of recipient area and lack of blood supply)  results are not optimal nor quicker IF YOU ARE NOT OPERATED BY STD. DOC.Dr.madhu is best in India.

Grow hair and be happy,there is much more in life you may be missing due to hair loss.

by vicvanceind
9/3/2011 11:52:11 PM

Congratulations on Your Decision...

I'm very happy to hear that you've decided to take control of your hair loss. I can completely understand how you feel. Hair loss truly is a curse. I wish you the best as you embark on your hair loss journey and I hope you will continue to share you progress. All the best!

8/28/2011 11:12:14 PM