Community by and for patients to share experiences and recommendations

The Increasing Popularity of Today's Modern Hair Transplant Surgery

4/24/2017 7:09:32 AM

Day by day the popularity of hair transplant surgery has been increasing at the vast rate for becoming a successful, safe and efficient procedure to restore hair. Patients choosing this procedure, remain in a comfortable environment as the hair transplant causes nominal pain and is mildly invasive.

People suffering from hair loss experience this trauma at any stage of life. Hereditary is also a common cause of baldness or androgenic alopecia in males as well as females. According to surveys there are more than 30 million in the United States alone who face the problem of male pattern baldness.

With the introduction of the revolutionary hair transplant procedure performed by the best hair transplant surgeons, the traumatic experience of hair loss has been significantly controlled. In the hair transplant procedure the hair follicles are extracted from the donor region with higher hair density to the recipient site where the hair count is low.

Surgical Options for Restoring Your Hair

For a comprehensive hair restoration solution, state of the art hair transplant surgery, coupled with non-surgical hair loss treatments such as Propecia and Rogaine is a preferred procedure that is recommended by most of cosmetic specialists.

The two most popular hair transplant procedures are FUE (Follicular Unit Excision - formerly known as Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (follicular unit transplantation) via strip surgery. FUT involves extraction of a strip of tissue that includes hair follicles directly from the scalp that is usually taken from the sides and back of the head. The strip is then cut into individual grafts called follicular units (hairs as they appear naturally in the scalp). In FUE, the grafts are individually taken from the head back by cutting around it by a tiny expert device.

In 2014, over 39 million hair restoration procedures were performed around the world. Almost 89% of the procedures involved restoring hair to the balding scalp while the other 11% involved restoration of hairs to other parts of the body such as the beard, mustache, chest, eyebrows and eyelashes.

Written and Published By,

Bill, Managing Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q & A Blog and the Hair Restoration Forum and Social Community